When our children were in Primary School, they all loved a book with a good serve of humour, and there is no time like Christmas to fill the house with laughter and joy. Here are our pick of the funny books for Christmas – laughing out loud guaranteed!
Our Funny Christmas Book Recommendations
- Pig the Elf by Aaron Blabey: If you haven’t met Pig the Pug, you are missing out. This is the funniest series of picture books ever – at least according to my four and eight year olds! The latest installment tells the story of what happens when Pig stays up all night to get his presents??!
- The Naughtiest Reindeer by Nicki Greenberg: Rudolf is too ill to lead the sleigh and so his mischievous sister, Ruby, Will Ruby be on her best behaviour so the presents are delivered safely or will she bring chaos to Christmas?!!
- The Naughtiest Reindeer Goes South by Nicki Greenberg: In a new Christmas misadventure, Ruby ends up far from home, in the company of some rather grumpy penguins and with the presents scattered all around the South Pole.
- Christmas Wombat by Jackie French: We are big fans of the very funny Diary of a Wombat series and the Christmas edition has to be our absolute favourite. With wry humour the Wombat hitches a ride on Santa’s sleigh and thinks all of his Christmases have come at once.
- The Knights Before Christmas by Joan Holub: A fun parody of the classic Twas the Night Before Christmas poem.
It’s a good start! 🙂